Is it worth to get 2 m Nodorst vs 1m

I have the opportunity to buy a couple of Nordost power cords, Tyr and Frey at a 15 discount. I auditioned the cords in a one meter length and they made a nice improvement. The dealer quotes NOrdost as saying, it will sound better in a 2 meter. I have a dedicated circuit for my Qbase strip which has the whole stereo plugged in. I thought i read somewhere that a dedicated circuit makes the longer length improvement questionable. Adding another meter to both increases cost by about 1000. They already cost close to 5,000 so this would be closer to 6,000.   I can’t test any of this. I just have to make a decision. Would like your thoughts. Thanks.

bossa

rsf507,

and just so you know that Furutech wire uses ducc copper which is not as good as OCC single Crystal they use a combination of both o c c and d u c c well d u c c is one level down from OCC still good wire but not as good as OCC single Crystal and the ducc wire is made by Mitsubishi, there is not any copper wire out there better than OCC single crystal wire and then it depends how smart the engineering team is putting together the wire geometry that's also extremely important that's why there's even differences in OCC that's cheaper compared to OCC wire that's more expensive and OCC rectangular single crystal wire is even better than the round wire that Furutech uses, Neotech rectangular OCC wire is even better than the round OCC wire, check out the Neotech Amazon and Sahara under rectangular wire on their website not cheap but well worth it cuz I upgraded from the round OCC to the Neotech Sahara which is their copper rectangular OCC wire and it totally blew away my round OCC wire, my speaker wire was $2,200 US and this stuff is $4,300 US and it is much better.

@bossa Perhaps ask your dealer if he has a Red Dawn power cord that you can demo along with the Tyr and Frey that you already have for comparative purposes. There are many threads already on Audiogon regarding good power cords and I don't want to sidetrack your original question more than what has already happened.

Jerryg123

that video you put up of that guy talking about single Crystal is from a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about, he's buying OCC single Crystal wire from China, well guess what China doesn't make OCC single crystal wire and he's been getting ripped off, but he is right though OCC single crystal wire is far superior to ofc.

@urbie "actually I have and obviously you haven't done your research and it's not a sales pitch "

Who knows what specific cables you have actually listened to or not, you made the exact critical statement about Infigo and per the vendor you haven't listened to that cable. My question to you was about specific cables, not generalizations about wire type that you then turn into absolutes about particular cables

Post removed