Powered speakers show audiophiles are confused

17 of 23 speakers in my studio and home theater systems are internally powered. My studio system is all Genelec and sounds very accurate. I know the best new concert and studio speakers are internally powered there are great technical reasons to design a speaker and an amp synergistically, this concept is much more important to sound quality than the vibration systems we often buy. How can an audiophile justify a vibration system of any sort with this in mind.

128x128donavabdear

@m-db love your post and attitude ;-) Buy ya breakfast some day on the beach adjacent to the break…. I get down that way now and then…..not enough….

Jim

m-db
California is beautiful and I love it, I grew up in the Sierra Nevada mountains then ended up in LA doing sound. Idaho is very conservative and nearly everyone here is from California.

Having an audio mentor is so powerful, I had to make every mistake imaginable and learn what not to do myself. I’ve got to work on some big movies ie. Titanic, Pearl Harbor, and do many years of TV like CSI, Scorpion etc. I’ve been to the Oscars and Emmys multiple times and won.

listenig to odd monitors or headphones that aren’t the pinnacle of quality doesn’t matter in recording, your brain knows what a great voice like Anthony Hopkins sounds like on your system your mind will always compensate. There is no getting around using the best microphones possible though, monitors don’t matter but microphones do. I’m sure I’ve spent millions on sound equipment through the years but most of my equipment money went tor microphones.

Jim, I left Encinitas yesterday afternoon. I'm banking on a stellar San Francisco Friday at Ocean Beach. I'm too old for that paddle out so I'll be there with the Nikon. With some forecasted juice and a slight offshore those sand bars can really spill.

You take care and have a nice holiday. 

m

Next, there will be an argument for DSP controlled, actively powered, multi-amplifier digital HiFi console stereos... Let me out here please...