The ”sweetspot” in the Nordost line of cables

One often hear that Heimdall 2 is the best bang for the buck but how do they stack up to Frey 2?
If anyone also have compared Heimdall or Frey to Shunyata Alpha I’m all ears.

Should be used with a Gryphon Diablo 300 and Magnepan 3.7’s

TIA

128x128swede58

I’ve had Heimdall, Frey 2 and Tyr 2.  The series 1 has a well deserved reputation for weak bass (brightness).  The series 2 fixed that and is a nicely balanced cable.  My opinion of the three:  The Heimdall was just ok.  The Frey 2 was pretty good.  The Tyr 2 was amazing.  

I have tried a number of levels.To me Nordost comes into its stride only at their highest levels. Valhalla and above. But, at that level they are very good. 

I use Transparent Ultra, but if I could afford it I would be using Odin 2. I had some in my system, and had to get them out before I started thinking of mortgaging my house.

@wlutke

We have very different experiences with NORDOST perceived “brightness”.

It’s important that varied personal experiences are laid out for the OP, so thx for posting yours .

I never had my NORDOST “brightness” described as a weak / underwhelming bass issue. Rather, their audio “bright” performance could still mine the bass down down to bedrock levels, but it also had an added emphasis/ result/ expression / (insert your own similar metaphor or description…) to make the sonic signature more noticeably “forward” and “cool” versus a “neutral” presentation in its classic sense, across the spectrum .

Introducing a CARDAS CLEAR cables full loom ( all of ICs, speaker , amd power ) provide me with that performance that aligns with the HARBETHs design and their legendary and class-leading midrange sonic signature, …. along with a further added presence, slam, and dynamics - that is not subtle- in MY system. ( emphasis added )

Find a dealer that can loan you the dealer demo cables.

I have demoed Odin II to Blue Heaven in my setup. 

With my level of setup-H2 from the wall to speakers. 

Personal cable reviews are just that, and not what you may experience. In some locations, it may not make a noticeable difference at all-my subs are plumbed with Blue Heaven-just because.

Questionable value at MSRP. If you can find used for 1/2 or less, great cable. One thing for certain- they make your setup look "high end" to your non audio friends.

“The Sweetspot in Nordost line” …Tyr 2 

However, with Maggie / Gryphon consider cables with PC-OCC copper….try Zavfino, Neotech or Audio Sensibility. I do not believe Nordost would be a wise choice.