Audiolab 6000CDT

Does anyone own this CD player? Interested in your input, I may purchase this in the near future.

rockysantoro

I find myself wondering if one added a good re-clocker like an Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh or a Wyred4Sound Remedy how much closer the Audiolab might approach the better transports at significantly lower cost?

I've owned the 6000 CDT and doubt you could find a better dedicated transport for the same cost.  Is it as good as other products mentioned at higher prices?  Probably not, but that's not the question.  Could you buy a better unit at the same price?  Probably not. 

@soix  - A few years ago I tried the Wyred Remedy and it produced zero SQ benefit in both of my systems. I have no experience with the EASM

My entire system took a giant leap forward with one change...

I have Emerald Physics 3.4 OB speakers all components were in a Solid Steel vertical rack for 2+ decades, but have long thought about replacing it and going horizontal, thinking the tallish vertical rack was screwing with the sound stage. The opportunity finally arrived early this week, as I was able to pick up a sold maple table top (5 x 2 x 2") locally. OMG the improvement in overall sound is so much more organic and 3 D then it ever was in the rack. This of course affects my 6000 CDT. Now I am aware that owners of the 6000 moved up to the Pro-ject RS2-T and report how much better it is, and I don't doubt it, but going horizontal on solid maple is for me a giant leap in enjoyment

hth