Simplest Linear PSU?

Which linear power supplies can you recommend that have the least amount of miniaturized SMD and semiconductor nonsense?

I wish Audionote made a stand alone PSU. I know Weiss does, it looks good, but pricey. Looking for something simple already made to DIY with.

thanks in advance!!

clustrocasual

I am a fan of small chokes to eliminate the HF noise generated by most series regulators. 

I should add that the link above describes what appear to be very well thought out supplies, at a not-insane price considering what's inside them.  I pay little attention to the stand alone LPS market since i design LPSes for use within products. And when i need my own personal outboard LPS i just build it ( i have genero PCBs that i fab and can adapt to most uses).

Regulation done right reduces noise on the supply, rather than adding noise.

Hmm, no love here for SBooster?

s boosters are excellent, cost effective, very very well built and terrific performers

@lewm 

Regulation, if perfect brings noise to zero.  Nothing in this world is perfect.  Most regulators generate high frequency noise which can have nasty audible effects (likely beats, but it really doesn't matter - they do). I agree that overall they are the place to start, and are essential for many dynamic loads. But filtering can help.

Since i have way too many 100s of hours into research and trial/error/success i wont go into detail, but its worth looking at.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that psycho acoustically the signature of noise/distortion is often more important than its magnitude. We LIKE large amounts of consonant distortion in some tube amps.  But we HATE tiny amounts of dissonant distortion. This is music theory 101