Sound is better when I stand up?

Why is this? No matter my listening room (large basement with 7 1/2 foot ceilings or small office with 8’ ceilings), the sound is more open and more spacious when I stand up from my listening chair. When I sit, the sound compresses a bit. Sitting, the tweeters are about 5-6" above my ear level. Should I angle the speakers down?

My chair is at the apex of the .83 ratio Jim Smith suggests for getting better sound. I'm about 3' from the back wall and my standmount speakers are 3' from the front wall. 

What acoustics are responsible for this?

128x128simao

All crickets, all the time.

Especially at this time of year there is a famous Aussie dessert that usually starts to make an appearance.

https://www.food.com/recipe/sticky-date-pudding-with-caramel-sauce-40187

*G*  Ahh, @holmz , you've deduced yet again.... ;)

I've no wingz on my chairs, but parametrics I've got plenty....

An arse aside, my spouse was bemused by how bovines got tested for pregnancy..."You're kidding....?!"  (Cousin involved in that sort of activity noted the glove of the vet....).

Personally (do I have other? Nayyy..), my Walsh sound better here in my orifice if I stand....but they exist on a shelf above my desk, so I have to rise to the occasion to enjoy the higher things in life, living, and the pursuit of....

WNC is slated for 19 F tonight....not yet, but about daybreak, maybe...

As soon as wingbacks were mentioned, I thought as much.  Fabric choice could be a factor, but even leather (or pleather) could still muddy the mix.

Should be nice in VB, but advise 'layers' in clothing....NWS predicts 'yo-yo' temps and that may persist....

Spouse and self are bailing out Xmaz & NewYrs. for SoCal, the world of 2 seasons I left behind long ago...go hang with the familia, spouse wants Rose Parade IRL, Hollyweird, and Palmed Strings in a 2 weak speed tour....

I get to brush up on my combat traffic chops....*L*

"Sticky Date Pudding".....

I've had a couple of those.....

Oh, Desserts....

That's Different. *LOL*

If one like films, then later in Jan in the PSFF, and that and their summer film festival are both good for film loving types.

We wing back, winged horses, and now a winged plane.
What is next? Paul McCartney and wings?