Do speaker cables really make a difference ?

Thinking about buying a different speaker cable. Do speaker cables really make a difference?

128x128rsa

Back in the days of yore everybody used lamp cord - and nobody complained! Nowadays clever marketing and expectation bias (if it costs more it must be better) compels the gullible and unwary to spend serious shekels on wire in search of that last nth degree of sonic realism!

I will say yes speaker cables matter but, on my system at least, they mattered the least of all my cables.

Back in the days of yore everybody used lamp cord - and nobody complained!

Things were better back when we were more ignorant.

I purchased a used set of fake audioQuest Well speaker cable. It has 8 conductors per leg, two silver plated coppers in the pos and four silver plated in the neg and the bat packs. It replaced Kimber 12 tc two full range cables per speaker, I was blown away by the difference in sq.

The Chinese  fellow who made these needs to make his own design and market them. They were less than half the price of the Kimbers and twice bested them. My Audio buddy still uses lamp cord and refuses to try them.  I've replaced them now with Furutech.