Sound is better when I stand up?

Why is this? No matter my listening room (large basement with 7 1/2 foot ceilings or small office with 8’ ceilings), the sound is more open and more spacious when I stand up from my listening chair. When I sit, the sound compresses a bit. Sitting, the tweeters are about 5-6" above my ear level. Should I angle the speakers down?

My chair is at the apex of the .83 ratio Jim Smith suggests for getting better sound. I'm about 3' from the back wall and my standmount speakers are 3' from the front wall. 

What acoustics are responsible for this?

128x128simao

Great advice so far. Chair not higher than shoulders. Tweeter at ear level. I think your distance ratio is prob ok. I’ve read tweeter to tweeter is 1 and tweeter to ear should be 1.2. This ratio works for me. Good luck!

Ron 

@Samao

i had Ref 3A GV’s for years. Tosh Goka always advocated fine tuning of the front baffle with the adjustable feet. Can’t tell if you have stands provide that ability. 

@Samao

i had Ref 3A GV’s for years. Tosh Goka always advocated fine tuning of the front baffle with the adjustable feet. Can’t tell if you have stands that provide that ability. 

How close to the back wall do you have your speakers positioned.  I moved mine forward and it was a game changer.

Let’s review this:

you need the speakers custom tuned so that they sound brilliant when youre sitting down rather than standing up. Nothing to do with acoustics. Its the speaker crossovers need retuning

Notice the use of a chair without wings: