What are the big attractions at Capital Audiofest coming up this Friday?

Will probably go for an afternoon. Don’t want to miss anything good so help me out please. Thanks. 

128x128mapman

@rooze its really funny how different people’s perceptions are. I guess that’s why so many different kinds of gear get bought.

I thought Classic Audio/Atmasphere room was dialed in very well yesterday. That was the first time I thought that in a few years since first time I heard that same room which had to be several years back. Last couple times was overly bright and I actually found it hard to listen but this year the sound was very real, very natural sounding. At least with the small jazz ensemble record being played. That was with the Class D amps. Then they switched to the tube amps for Abby Road and Come Together sounded as good as I’ve ever heard it and I’ve heard it a lot many different ways over the years.

@mapman -- I loved the LTA room as well.  They supplied electronics for two rooms.  Both were fantastic. Their prototype DAC was impressive.  They had the top off and it was nice to see the guts of the design.

@fthompson251 -- The VAC/VSA room was astonishing (as it should be -- large, well treated room with 800k of gear).  I had another revelation in the large room with United Home Audio (local DMV reel-to-reel producer).  I walked in and heard Dean Martin sounding better than I'd ever imagined he could sound.

The rooms sponsored by Now Listen Here were also solid.  The Joseph Audio Pulsars sounded great.  I didn't get a chance to hear the Fyne set up.

I enjoyed two rooms with using the the Gryphon Diablo 300.  No coincidence, I'm sure.

I skipped a couple of rooms that were playing overly fussy music I didn't like, but found some great music, including stripped down blues, live folk, etc.  This was my first show.  I might bring a couple of CDs next time and see how that goes.