Sonore Opticalrendu vs Auralic Aries G1.1

I was hoping someone here had some direct experience with the opticalrendu and the Auralic Aries G1 or 1.1.  I'm narrowing down my streamer choice to go with my recently arrived Merason DAC1.  Comparisons to Innuos are also welcome as I have a Zenith MKIII in the house in a different system and I'm familiar the sound.  Not interested in anything that can't do Roon.    Thanks!

badgerdms

not sure i am following

the optical rendu by definition requires a fiber/optical input to feed it its digitized music signal... which it in turn converts back into electrical form, to be sent to the downstream dac via its usb output

so i am not sure how an opticalrendu can possibly be operated without an fiber media converter in front of it

another way of saying this is the defining difference between the optical rendu and its predecessor ultrarendu (or microrendu) is specifically the fact that it does the electrical-to-optical-and-then-back-to-electrical processing, in order to remove the electronically generated and transmitted noise from computer boards/chips, power supplies, network switches and so on...

@jjss49  You are correct. I believe yzzsantabarbara has fiber router or modem?

I mention the Sonore OpticalModule as it is an optimized FMC, with superior clocking and internal power supply vs the generics.

Micheal Lavorgna of Twittering Machines has review of Signature RenduOptical (OpticalRendu with built in LPS), he's had some top echelon dacs and streamers in his personal system, OR has improved every streamer/server and dac inserted into system. I hear exactly same improvements he does in this review, https://twitteringmachines.com/review-sonore-signature-rendu-se-systemoptique/

Many individuals over at audiophilestyle forum also use OpticalRendu products with top echelon streaming setups, including Chris Connaker, founder of Computer Audiophile, now Audiophilestyle.

@jjss49 thanks for that last statement, I have been wondering if an Eno filter would improvement the already impressive performance of my opticalRendu. 

@badgerdms MAYBE useful, before the G1 came out, I compared a microRendu (without optical) vs. an Aurelic Aries which was more costly. Fortunately I had friends who brought both to my place, and we did an all day comparison. I bought the microRendu and later upgraded to opticalRendu. They were pretty close, but I found the Rendu more dynamic. For context rest of the rig was Soundlab A3s, Krell FBP-300 amp, BAT VK51SE preamp, Schitt Gungnir Multibit DAC. Cheers,

Spencer

Awesome.  Thanks so much for all of the input.  I was leaning opticalRendu (and if I can afford it, maybe the Signature Rendu SE.