Wolf Audio

House of Stereo just listed a Wolf Audio Alpha 2 for $2,800 which is a steal for the level of performance you are getting. I started out with the Alpha 2 went to the 3 and just got my Red Wolf. You also get their unbelievable customer service so if you would like to get more involved on the digital side you would be hard pressed to do better.
Disclaimer, I am not affiliated with Wolf Audio but I am a very satisfied customer. 
128x128lwin
@arafiq Great talking to you today, and Rod, you as well if you are following this thread. As discussed, the Luna R exceeds the sound quality of the streamers discussed above - we have tested them all pretty thoroughly. With Wolf, you could use it only as a streamer if you prefer, but should the day come that you wish to purchase hires audio, whether PCM or DSD for playback, the ability is right there, built in. As we often say, a Wolf is as simple, or as feature-filled as you want it to be. 

-Joe
@thewolfaudio -- Joe, it was indeed a pleasure talking to you. I think the key point that resonated with me the most is the upgrade path that your platform provides. Many of us don't want to invest huge sums in streamers upfront, but want to 'feel' our way through this journey. 

Secondly, with US-based companies now offering great audio products at almost the same price point as China and other countries, it doesn't make sense to buy from abroad. Of course, this only applies to US-based consumers, not intended to offend folks from other countries by any means. Not only are you getting superior parts, craftsmanship, but in case of smaller companies, often direct access to the people who build and design your unit. 

Having said that, I do wish that you look at improving a couple of things. First, I feel that your website can be a little confusing. With the plethora of accessories and options, it is hard to figure out what is really needed and what's a nice to have. Perhaps, you can create 'packaged' offerings based on customer profiles. For example, people like myself who are invested in Roon but have no need for CD ripping or massive storage. Sort of like pre-defined packages. Second, maybe think about creating a streamer-only version to compete with the likes of Sonore or Lumin U1.

I appreciate your time yesterday, and Wolf Audio is definitely one of the top contenders in my list.
Post removed 

Great to hear but not surprising as Joe is a stand up guy with excellent products.