What I really hate about some music

When I listen to music, there are four things that I really bothers me and was wondering if there are others who feel the same way about songs just as strongly as I do. I don't like feeling this way but when I hear these things, I just want to turn the music off and I'm not sure why the song writer doesn't realize he probably has a dud and not a hit. Here they are:

1. When a song writer finds a catchy phrase and the singer repeats the line three times in a row and then a stanza later, here it comes again repeated all three times and this just keeps going on and on.

2. Very similar to the above, a writer writes a real good line of music and then makes the whole song a repeat or variation of this line of music and has no imagination to add a little something in-between.

3. Singers who can't really sing well and think they can but get such really great score of music behind them that if a really good singer sang the song it would be wonderful to listen to. Please understand that carrying a tune to me doesn't make a good singer and I'm not talking about karoke singers here either.

4. Rhyming in a melody.... Please you can predict what the next line of the song is going to be before it is sang because it rhymes with the last line just sang...

128x128frankmc195

@sns 

when I hit sheets at night, I have my airpod on shuffle all night, napalm death, satyricon, overkill, GBH, TANK, anthem, living death, deicide, wargasm,…..you get the point.  Some of my first 8 tracks I had was UFO, Styx, kiss, Judas Priest -sad wings n cassette, which I bought with my money earned from cutting grass as a kid.  I can understand totally, most don’t like the sheer wall of sound from metal.

I also had a great base for music, listening to my parents old blues records, beach boys, Donovan, etc etc  I can enjoy quite a lot of music from time to time  

your comment reminded of my wife, she will purposely stay up, just to “diarrhea nag” which is the worst. I totally get it, \,,/

hell, on the way home from most metal concerts, my buddy and I will play Floyd, thin Lizzy, Beatles, ,…

after 2 hours of 135DB music, we need to relax, go home, shower, etc, before I hit the sheets, iPod is plugged in and shuffle is pressed just before head hits pillow.Thrash was my era, early Motörhead, mercyful fate, loudness, raven, venom, a lot of the NWOBHM, I also love Waylon and willie, UFO, travers, strawberry alarm clock, select few G dead albums, Melanie, as this was my selection as a young rocker,

my godson, I have corrupted, when we go to the park, or get ice cream, I play what he should like, Hendrix, Gary Moore, Boston s/t and he LOVES Steve Wonder, which I think is great, his parents are nothing but top 40 hop hip tripe, rap, garbage.

had to spew . Y’all have a great weekend

In my younger, crueler days I'd sometimes grab my acoustic guitar and hoot out Neil Young's "Old Man." in my whiniest falsetto.

Hi, I hope these notes are helpful:

RE; #1, that "catchy phrase" is called a "hook" and it's considered essential to pop music and some Jazz. Pop music is not really expected to heard by an audiophile studiously listening to an exalted system, but expected to be played in noisy, distracting places. Places like cars, businesses, restaurants, bars, and places where people may be distracted. "Milking the Hook," or repeatedly employing it in an arrangement, is a method of trying to break into a listener's attention so that they may add it to their streaming playlist or possibly buy a copy.

RE: #2 This would refer to a musical hook, which might be similar to variations on a theme in classical music, except in pop music it probably won't vary.

RE: #3 I have nothing to offer for this one.

RE: #4 Just a poetic style that in pop music helps capture an audience.

Not trying to be snarky and i hope this helps.