What a difference a setting makes.

I recently got a new turntable (Feikert,) Arm (Origin Live,) and cartridge Hana ML.) A whole new analog setup. I talked myself into thinking the sound was good, although I had doubts when I compared the SQ with the sound I was getting from the digital side. It was really great on some records (the equal of digital,) but the majority of discs were mediocre. Finally, I decided that with such good equipment I should be doing better. So, I contacted my salesman/advisor for help. He had initially recommended that I set the preamp with the gain at 58 and the load at 100 (evidently the standard for the Hana cartridge.) I kept it on that setting for several weeks.  
When I called him he suggested that I increase the load to 200. 
All of a sudden everything opened up! Almost everything I played had a presence it lacked before. The proverbial veil was lifted.  Records really did sound wonderful!  
I can’t help but think, that if I hadn’t had enough with the old sound I would be blissfully ignorant of what my set was capable.

128x128rvpiano

There is only one "right" SRA and that is 92 degrees. Not all records were cut at exactly 92 degrees but unless you want to drive yourself crazy it is the best average setting. Expensive cartridges are easy, as long as the headshell is parallel to the record you are good to go. Cheap cartridges unfortunately vary wildly from right on to defective. You have to look with a microscope and measure the angles another  impossibility for most people. The most inexpensive solution is the Wally Reference but it assumes the cartridge was built correctly. 

@rvpiano , If you think it sounds good now save your sheckles and get a decent cartridge.

Millercarbon,

I gave it a try.  Very subtle differences indeed.  
I think I wound up where I was originally.

It’s amazing when you discover what information is actually in the grooves and what you’ve been missing all this time.

I know the further up the chain you go there’s even more information to be found.

1k ohms. Try it. I just got an AT33PTG/II and set it at 58/100. Tried it at 1k ohms and it really shines how. I tried ever setting the 20/20 offers.