Solid state to tube

I have been a solid state guy since my start in this hobby. Over the years I have built a few systems and have used mainly older YBA seperates pre and power for my front end.

I also have a pair of musetex MT101 mono blocks from Meitner audio which I use as well.

My speakers are reference 3a lintegre

I am thinking of moving to a all tube system 

. However I have little experience

I have looked at Quick Silver and a small boutique builder called Will Vincent. Have not heard anything yet. I thought I might inquire here first for any suggestions from tube savvy members

ecpninja

@ghdprentice 

if you look at my virtual system page, I have a few pictures of local musicians I enjoy. The sound of the bassists pictured do sound pretty much as you described.👍

Happy live listening.

Charles

About maintenance, it depends. I have a 25 year old Audio Research VT100 that still has its original tubes, and they’re doing great. Did have to replace the fan, however, at 24 years.

I agree that putting a tube preamp in your existing system would be a good way to start. Hard to know what did what if you change too many things at once. (Voice of experience here!)

Good luck and have fun!

SS slam. LOL give me refined articulate sound, depth of field, soundstage and detailed midrange.

If I want slam I will go hang out in a club in Deep Ellum. 

Me too, I listen with Audio research VT100 almost everyday and the sound is just different from REF 75SE. TUBE 150 get the different  sound and I prefer the old sound from old machine.