Blu-Ray Sony for Redbook CD

Anyone know how these players sound on standard redbook? I see a player for less than $400 new at Best Buy.
lindisfarne
You guys are being sissys!

I own three Blu-ray players, already sold my first, and am on my second HD DVD player.

We all sit around this forum and argue over $20K sources and you are going to miss native 1080p video for the few (last I looked less than $500 for BOTH formats) dollar entrance fee???

Get a grip, buy these players, rent from Netflix and enjoy it NOW!

None of us know how the format 'war' will settle out, but for the price, who cares? If you are sitting on the fence, then you are wasting time! I have had both formats since they came out and have been enjoying the best video you can have routinely for well over a year. I am amazed people still argue over this! Go to Amazon and buy one and enjoy!
I have the Pioneer Blue Ray that just came out. Great on DVDs and Blue Ray not good on redbook cd's it not up to the high end quailty DVD players .I am using an Esoteric for high end for redbook and SACD. IMHO.
Sissys not! Just prudent. Why buy a player that may be defunct in matter of months. Do your SACD and DVD A players get a lot play of time? If so, you're playing a lot of CDs on them.

I suppose I should bite my lip and be quiet for if not for early adopters such as yourself many new technologies would not become common place but you called us sissys and everyone on the playground heard you. %^)

I for one have just bought an HD DVD for a very nice price. I may have come late to the game but within a few weeks I will have seen most of the HD movies that I wish to see and will be waiting for new releases. So what's the rush? Besides, I don't care that much for Sony.
I agree Kennyt! I own both Blu-ray and HD-DVD players and rent both formats via Netflix. I mean, the most expensive HD-dvd player you can get is only $500 (Toshiba XA2). How many A'goner's have a sub $500 cdp? In fact, I just bought a Toshiba A2 on Amazon for $179 with 7 free movies! HD players are AMAZING and cost is no longer a good excuse not to have one IMHO.

As to the original posters question, HD and blu-ray players are nothing special for CD playback. In fact, I believe some blu-ray players are reported not to pay CD's at all. So, I would stick to a CDP for that purpose.
OK stubby, I shouldn't have called you a sissy.... Me bad!

Cruz, My Sony BDP-S1 doesn't play CD's, which means I need to do all firmware updates via DVD, making it more costly, but the player is excellent.

I think the new A35 is the new current top dog for HD DVD, I am holding off upgrading again s the XA2 is Sooooo damn good, especially with SD DVD's!