Field coil dava cartridge

I have been hearing great things about the dava field coil cartridge with the tube power supply. I am only able to read a few reviews on them. The reviews seem all positive and the designer Darius seems to be a very approachable person . I would like to hear opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of the cartridge. Especially comparison with the Lyra atlas sl which is my current cartridge.

thanks in advance.

newtoncr

Dear @newtoncr  : Do not surprise me that for your " taste " the Lambda SL quality performance level is higher than the Ortofon one.

I own or owned and listened in other systems  almost all the Lyra cartridge models from the vintage Evolve but I do not have yet the opportunity to listen any Lambda level cartridge.

Btw, your Lyra is in the mijostyn " radar ".

R.

Dear @lewm : Manufacturer specs normally camefrom its measurements tests and normally any good cartridge  is flat in the @mijostyn  frequency range where at the 20hz to 20khz frequency extremes FR deviations are showed in almost all cartridges.

Now, that kind of cartridge FR measurements depends on which LP test was choosed for  and I can tell you that normally could be some  differences in the FR chart between to same model samples. Nothing is perfect in audio analog, always trade-offs.

R.

@lewm 

WBF also has some superb contributors - some are from the press and also people who often comment based on experience as opposed to theory.

Many are speaking as the Dava as mana from heaven. I understand the AT Art1000 follows many design traits with a modern spin - I heard one in a very revealing system and was taken aback with its ability to sound so neutral and accurate.

As such it may give the best of all worlds - big manufacturer - boutique (only 1 person can do the coils apparently) - modernised use of a good design

Dear @bonzo75 : " enjoy realism as well as transparency to recordings, .."

even that your targets are different of mines. To stay with " transparency to recordings " we need " zero tolerance " that’s one of my personal targets .

" you are ignoring the fact that Leif, who started the DaVa thread on WBF, has a 7 watts sets driven full range horn system with very high resolution..."

That’s not the main issue with that cartridge and can see that you don’t get it in precise way.

What you like or Leif or me or any one else is not under questioning in any way and it’s the subject of this kind of dialogue:

" zero tolerance " means that I just do not care of any cartridge with a FR deviation between 4db-6db and a cartridges where the manufacturer just does not disclose at least the FR and compliance parameters.

" The DaVa apart from a great sound..."

nothing wrong with that because is what many of you like it. All of you like heavy colorations that does not comes in the recording. Btw, that gentleman in Norway with his horn/set system high resolution likes those colorations because in some ways he is accustomed with " colorations " his target is not " zero tolerance " due that the crossover speakers use one of the higher colored capacitor as Duelund and some others fancy/bs of caps. For me the name of audio " game " is more about knowledge level of each one of us than money and the first step is to fix our main targets that will defines which kind of " colorations " we like and each one of us tolerance levels about. Common sense is way important down there.

@mijostyn , thank’s because now I know that I was not to wrong when I posted that that cartridge is cantileverless design and I don’t know from where a gentleman here posted that can track at 90u.. I need to see that tracking measurement because there is not even the cartridge compliance.

R.

Sorry there is no point further debating with you, you will make what assumptions required in your post and state that as truism