Cost effective power cables recommendations, low and high power

I recently watched a number of informative videos about AC cables for our systems. One by the Dutchman Hans Beekhuysen (sp?) was really very good and explained why they matter, even with so many miles of cheapo cable bringing power into our homes, it seems to be all about reducing and rejecting stray interference from a lot of juice passing through the cables to our componenets, and the effect this might have on nearby interconnects and so on.

So I thought I would ask for recommendations from users here on what power cables you use for amplifiers (higher power consumption) and other components like digital stuff or preamps and so on, what are you happy with and that seems to make a difference big or small.

I am not about to spend thousands (or even many hundreds) for power cables, so hopefully something in what we mere mortals who work hard to earn our money can typically afford. Well shielded, properly twisted and insulated cable that does the job well, without typical marketing bull or obscene prices and markups please!

troidelover1499

Cullen Cables have worked for me and I never have paid more than $130 for any of the several that I am using in three systems.

Also, +1 on the somewhat misleadingly named Counterfeit Chinese Cables thread. There are some Chinese non-counterfeit cables discussed there. I haven’t yet tried any of the power cables mentioned in that thread, but, after reading the thread, I did buy a Chinese Viborg XLR set for $80 that is impressing the hell out of me. Today, someone has posted in that thread that he bought a Chinese power cord at Amazon for about $40 and that he likes it better than the $500 cord it replaces. It’s a gamble, to be sure, but there are so many gambles in audio today, aren’t there? I have no particular use for a power cord right now, but, for $40, it’s a chance that I easily can justify taking.

AudioQuest NRG-4 from Power amp to AC outlet. Most noticeable improvement compared to other components.

The following have been used on different sources CDP, Streamers, Preamps. Can’t confirm noticeable improvements but just didn’t want to leave anything on the table for a minimal investment per component. I am a firm believer in the sum of all parts.

AudioQuest NRG-Y2 2-Pole C7

Shunyata Venom 3

Shunyata Venom V14

Audience Forte F3

Cardas Iridium

All are well made power cables with reasonable flexibility and under $200 available on Music Direct, The Cable Company, etc.

@ghdprentice

"Also, and for the life of me, I do not know why… but the character of an interconnect tends to be the same as the character of a power cord. Why they would sound similar is completely beyond me. This is just a casual observation by me. Perhaps others have different experiences."

You are not hallucinating. I’ve made similar observations. When "better stuff" is inserted into the musical and/or power path, my experience is that in many cases the sonic benefits are strikingly similar to other items that have a completely different "job description".

@troidelover1499 

When I hear the phrase: "Don't want to spend alot of money", my translation is: "not yet convinced, and don't want to overcommit."  

You're getting many expert opinions from people on this forum who really know their stuff.  I would only add to this that you should take the time to audition cables in a price range above what you're currently expecting to spend.  Its a good way to validate the performance of the cables in your price range -- or you might find the sonic improvements are well worth the investment.  And, yes, consider upgrading the wall outlet(s).