Crossover setting on Rythmik F12G

Hello, I’m running a pair of Divine Acoustics Proxima 3 that are -3db at 40hz. I’m running the speakers full range and using the parallel output on my preamp to run to the subs line in. I was previously running the line out from the sub to the amp with the Rythmiks 80hz high pass filter but im not fond of how much life that sucks out of the mains and i want to crossover lower. My all tube preamp has no bass management features by the way. Where would be a good frequency to start playing with the crossover in your opinion? Before anyone mentions phase being important I use a test cd of bass tones and invert the polarity of one of the main speakers and listen for the null to set my phase once I have the crossover frequency dialed in.

Thanks for any suggestions!

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

While I've been using subwoofers with some form of equalization and or optimization since 1966 I have no experience with Rythmik. The Rythmik Audio Installation seems explanatory for establishing the crossover.  

https://www.rythmikaudio.com/download/F12_PEQ3_Installation_Guide.pdf

Rythmik is clearly a highly regarded designer / manufacture. I'd consult with them before any suggestion I'm offering.

Years ago I was taught that a subwoofer/s location were always room dependent. I've been placing a subwoofer at the listening position, running a low frequency cadence through the whole system as an aid in mapping the rooms bass modes now referred to as the subwoofer crawl test. Often this reveals a mode in the vicinity of the listening position which I have found personally desirable.   

I'm sure Rythmik Audio has a valid reason for their front wall location suggestions.

All the best with the integration. 

here is where you ask about all things Rythmik....and the manufacturer pays attention to stuff on that thread and forum. Audiogon has some Home Theater subwoofer info, but it's small time comparatively.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/official-rythmik-audio-subwoofer-thread.1214550/

Post removed