Streamers/DACs

Just picked out gear for our new hifi room and I’m starting my search for a good streamer or streamer/DAC combo.  We have Paradigm Persona 3F speakers, Persona Sub and Anthem STR amp.  I’ve narrowed streamers options down to 3 well-reviewed choices: Aurender, Lumin T3, and Cary Audio DMS-700.  Not sure if I’d go with the Aurender A15 which has the option to just do digital out if I feel the urge upgrade to a better DAC or start with the N200 and either use the Anthem’s DAC or buy a separate unit right off the bat.  Mostly interested in streaming Quboz, don’t care about Roon. The audio room has no realistic way to add an Ethernet port so I’ll need to work around this with a Wi-Fi to Ethernet bridge (or comparable solution) if I choose Aurender or Lumin, whereas the DMS-700 has a built-in Wi-Fi option (but a seemingly rudimentary app by comparison to the others).  Any experience with these products is welcome.  Of particular interest would be experiences from other Persona owners and why they chose the streamers/DACs they did but all input is welcome.  Thanks much, this forum has helped immensely in the build thus far. 

128x128brewerslaw

I recommend using the DAC in the STR and getting an iFi Zen Stream or a Paradigm PW Link. Why go spend $$$ before you see the synergy between the Persona and the Anthem DAC. I have a Paradigm PW W Amp connected with a pair of Paradigm Reference Studio 20’s in another room. They voice these products with their own speakers, see how you like the Anthem DAC/Paradigm speaker synergy before changing it.

You will never see the potential of the equipment you are looking at on wifi.

Check out the HiFi Rose RS150. It is also Korean and has many features Aurender does not have like a touch screen and a BT remote control for non network play. It includes a fine built-in DAC and Femto clock.

SPDIF out and a fine CD drive available for ripping or listening.

Hey @brewerslaw - Not sure if you saw my post here about the A15 and N200, but you might find it to be useful:

I also responded to your last PM now on how you could use your WAP if you have one in your listening room.

I have used Cary DACs in the past and they are "okay". Not the end in resolution. I worry about suggesting the DMS-700 to anyone regardless of whether the sound quality is good because Cary does not specialize in digital source playback ecosystems, which will result in a less mature/satisfactory user experience.