TV Audio to Wireless Headphones

Hello everyone. I am having an issue setting up a wireless connection from my brand new Hysense 40 inch smart TV to my wireless headphones. I have hearing issues and want to use the headphones to listen to TV. The TV has a HDMI (ARC) which is the only audio output besides the headphone jack which kills the speakers, which I do not want to do. I bought an hdmi adapter that has a 3.5mm jack on the side that supposedly will give me the audio I want. If I plug the cable with two 3.5mm plugs into the adapter and the wireless transmitter to the headphones I get nothing. I have tried all the audio setting in the TV and still nothing out of the HDMI. Can someone please give me some guidance here?

Thanks in advance.

flyingduck

Check out the Sennheiser HD 175...I have them ....sounds really, really good

Thanks for the response. The set I have is fine. All I want to do is get the audio from the TV to the headphones wirelessly. 

I believe the device that gets plugged into the HDMI port needs to support ARC. Most likely the adapter you bought doesn't.

Your TV probably has an optical output. I would use that to an external DAC such as the JDS Atom DAC+ ($109) which is then connected to your wireless transmitter.