Aerial Acoustics vs. Joseph Audio

Has anyone listened to the Aerial Acoustics 7T's and the Joseph Audio Perspective and which do you think is the better performer?...
audiozen
Hamburger..Michael Kelly last year dropped the source in China making the cabinets for the 7T's due to inconsistent quality in the finished cabinets and now uses the Hornslet company in Denmark that makes the cabinets for Aerial's top models. The Hornslet company also makes cabinets for Dali and other well known speaker companies.
my comments are limited to the 7t's. have never listened to the Joseph Audio Perspective. having owned 7b's for several years, i consider myself an Aerial fan and was looking forward to hearing and maybe even upgrading to the 7t's. i listen to all types of music and the 7b's do well with all of them. can't say they "shine" with any particular category but they do seem to do everything well imho.

recently listened to the 7t's and was a bit underwhelmed. was expecting to hear obvious improvements but that never happened. yes...they sounded just as good as my 7b's and might have had slightly better base extension. but other then that...i couldn't see spending that kind of money for such modest improvements.

not bashing the 7t's by any means. i love my 7b's and the 7t's sound just as good if not a tiny bit better. it's more a matter of paying $8k for them. purchased my rosewood 7b's used several years ago for $2200... with the optional base's. thinking 6k extra should yield me more then marginal low end improvements (ok..to be fair...i am comparing used too new so it's not apples too apples).

for the money...i'm sticking with my 7b's. the 7t's don't bring enough to the table imho to justify the huge leap in expense. especially when the 7b's sound so good for much less. lots of loot left over to buy other shiny things with =).
Trelja..your comments are spot on describing the sound of the Perspectives based on the limited set up I heard them through on my headphones. The culprit could very well be that the Perspectives have a low sensitivity and are 8ohms,
which were common specs with speakers during the 1970's. I have always felt that speakers from that time period sounded better. Buy the late 80's speaker companies started jumping on the 4ohm band wagon due to the rise of digital and home theater systems. I wish that 8ohms would've become a universal standard with speakers. As long as you have a Preamp with a higher voltage output between 8 and 12 volts, you won't have a problem with a low sensitivity 8ohm speaker getting the volume you need. It appears that the reason the Perspectives sound better than the Aerials, is that Richard Modaferri with Joseph Audio is a much better crossover designer than Dave Marshall at Aerial who has worked with Michael Kelly since 1974 when they were at A.D.S.
Had 8b's. Loved them. Went and listened to 7t's and got the pitch that they were going to blow away my obsolete speakers. It never happened! I was definitely underwhelmed and not as impressed by them. I'm willing to try again, maybe it was the room set-up. FWIW, I was blown away by both the Pulsars or Perspectives. Yes, I acknowledge the bass extension difference, regardless my new direction is Joseph Audio. I loved the imaging, the depth of the sound stage, the separation of the instruments and vocals, and the emotional impact I felt while listening.
Quicke-

me as well. I really wanted to like the Aerial 7t/6 models, but was under-impressed. The gear in question was Classe' and Mark Levinson (no slouch there). Cables/cords were Transparent Opus (another no slouch).

In comparison, Joseph Audio is the better speaker and plays well (no pun) w/ both SS and tubed gear. These speakers give the best vocals to date, IMO. Bass is a little lean, nothing that cannot be solved w/ a small sub.

I would like to demo a pair of Joseph Pearl 2/3 speakers.
Certainly a step up in performance and price!