Help putting together a little system with McIntosh MC 30s

So, it’s been over 10 years since I lived in a house where I could listen to music with no neighbors to bug or had lots of cash to splash around on big systems. I went to Brazil on a one month vacation and never came home. I’m back in the US selling all my big speakers and heavy Pass Lab amps.

While clearing out my storage unit I came across an old pair of amps and thought I could get a few hundred bucks on Craigslist for so I blindly listed them for $1,500……big mistake - within minutes I was inundated with offers and I knew I had Fked up on my pricing.

I did some research and found these little McIntosh MC 30s are very desirable and are great amps. I know live in an apartment in São Paulo with thick walls and only one neighbor to bug and am now thinking about bringing these with me in my case.

Somewhere in storage in Brazil I have a great tiny pair of speakers I bought years ago off Audiogon, really great and I think they were Scandinavian - can’t remember the brand but I think the model are called “The One” (any ideas anybody as my brain is to rusty now)?

Anyway, I neither have the money or the passion I once had and I don’t want to go down that (very fun) rabbit hole of gear again but If anybody can think of the name of those little monitors I have over in Brazil that would be the first part of this puzzle.

Do I need preamps? and would these MC30s pair well with “The One”.

Sorry to be brain dead trying to remember the name of my monitors but they were highly regarded maybe 12-15 years ago and are probably in better condition than my brain these days and I’m optimistic some old-schooler on here will remember what brand they are .

Thanks in anticipation

thomastrouble

Wow Kota - I just messaged a friend to explain to him the effort you put in for me - this has got to be the best community on the planet, just really great people on here!

thank you

Any recommendations of where to buy this?

I had Mac MC30. It is specialy sounding amplifier. It has very pleasant natural tone. It controlled my speakers better than 175Watt Plinius 8200 integrated that I had in the same time. 

MC30 has very height input sensitivity. So I used it with not expensive cathode follower Croft Micro preamplifier. 

@thomastrouble , you can buy it right from the Martin Logan website at half price, just click the red button in the middle (add to cart):

https://www.martinlogan.com/en/product/unison

Oh oh, just read a review stating that I’ll also need an amp with the Totems or move up to the Forte to use with these passive speakers ……any suggestion for an amp for these speakers that I can fit easily into a carry-on, or would it make more sense to bite the $199 I paid for the Unison and buy the Forte, I’ll be driving the Totems and a 12” sub.

cheers