I’m about to push the button to get 2 SVS 3000 micros to add to ATC SCM40s.

Anyone want to talk me out of it?

128x128m669326

OK, try facing the subs toward a wall with about a 3 to 4 inch gap. There are room treatment panels that are portable as well. I use one in an open doorway in the back of the room and move it out of the doorway when not listening. 

The other thing to try is the DSPeaker 8033II sub equalizer which would help dial it in. Give the subs time to break in before changing anything though.

https://auralex.com/shop/portable/

Since these are side firing subs, aiming one side at the wall would mean the other would be firing toward the listening position. Is that what you mean?

@m669326 Did you buy your SVS Micros new? Had your room size been mentioned or if guidance was sought on the appropriate subwoofer for the room, I would have advised to go with SVS’ larger offerings. The 3000 Micro have good specs for their size, but they are intended for use in small and medium sized rooms at best. With a larger room, especially with vaulted ceilings which add to the cubic volume, it will require more out of subs to charge the room. My room is 18x23 with a slanted ceiling up to 18’ high. It is also open to another room adjacent. I owned a pair of the SB-3000 (not micro) and they could not perform with authority. I returned them in a week’s time and upgraded to the SB-4000. What a huge difference. Just some food for thought if you bought direct from SVS. At least their return and exchange policy are exceptional. 

Yes, try one driver facing the wall, the other firing into the room,