Most underrated female recording artists..

I'm always looking for female singers who make my 2 channel system seem worthwhile for all l have spent...the list includes Nora Jones, Diana Krall , Sade and many others.... there are some fabulous singers out there but not recorded very well...lm adding Bonnie Raitt to my top list..The Bonnie Raitt collection red book cd...tracks 16 and 17 are spectacular on my system...  I'f anyone could add a suggestion it would be appreciated..

128x128vinnydabully

ibmjunkman

Thank you for the Jane Oliver recommendation.

I attended one of her first concerts, Lincoln Center, around 1975, right after her first album was released. She was magnificent. The album is the same, as is her second and her most recent ones too. She is wonderful.

@rettrussell yeah, sort of like Bjork.  Her albums are sometimes sonic "ordeals" to get through, but one thing they are not, is boring. 

I guess Jen Chapin is underrated here. The recording in her albums "Reckoning", "The Songs of Stevie Wonder", etc., were good too in SS / separation.

Also, not mentioned so far is Halie Loren.  Many good recording albums too.

Toni Tenille (of the Captain &) is a terrific singer. Don't let her popular success fool you.

tkhill

34 posts

Toni Tenille (of the Captain &) is a terrific singer. Don’t let her popular success fool you.

I must publicly confess that I was fooled.