Most economical way to ship large speakers?

Good day folks,

I'm trying to figure out the most reliable and economical way to ship 2 large speakers w/i the lower 48 states. What's your favorite beside the big two UPS & FedEX?

USPS is out of the question and delivery speed is not important, as long as they get there in good shape. 

Thanks & regards,

CD

cdd

@jnovak , if you shipped with Saia Motor Freight and you received your goods undamaged then you are one very lucky man, they are no better than Estes. I retired from Saia 9 years ago after 25 years driving line haul for them and never shipped anything audio related with them, they just aren't geared for delicate gear. I did buy my Harleys (3 different times) in Lubbock Texas and loaded them myself on the back of a half loaded trailer that I pulled back to Houston and removed them myself after bumping the dock. Don't mean to come down so hard on the company that fed my family for 25 years but they just aren't geared for that, but do very well for their niche. Enjoy the music

I'm in the middle of moving to Hawaii.  I packed my floor standing loudspeakers by first wrapping them in the large plastic wrap you get from OfficeMax.  Then adding a couple layers of bubble wrap.  Then I put each of them in a wardrobe carton and filled in the rest of the space with styrofoam popcorn.

That doesn't answer the question of what shipper to use, but I'll bet a lot of you have some good floor standing loudspeakers without packing.  That's how I'm doing it.  Not hard to do with readily available materials.

I shipped speakers I had bought across country using a moving company. They were in three large crates that totalled 1100 lbs.  so no other method would have been as good/economical.