any lawyers in this forum care to give an advice?

Purchased a pretty expensive speakers outside of audiogon, from a retail store. Arrived damaged, claims denied, been getting the runaround since the purchase date. Last few months, avoiding contact through email, text and phone calls. I’ve been very professional and patient.......any advice or help will be appreciated..This is a problem between the seller and its shipper, not me....I’m just a receiver of damaged item........thankyou

sambo00701

As a former UPS driver, I can assure you,95% of UPS employees have no regard at all for the merchandise. ''FRAGILE'' means nothing at all.I don't think FEDEX or DHL are much different.  My advice? Stay away from mail order HI-FI equipment.

@rockysantoro 

Thank you very much for your perspective. 

I typically purchase through a dealer and he delivers it. If there is a problem… doesn’t matter what kind… he deals with it.

I had an expensive piece of art delivered by ups to my house when I wasn’t there and the box was damaged. I took pictures of the box the way they delivered it. They I open up the box and the frame was damaged so I took more pics of the damage. I submitted a case to ups with all the pics and I got a new $2000 frame.

on expensive purchases, I always pay for signature required so when it’s delivered, I can check the condition of the box before I sign for it and if it is damaged, I will refuse the package.

For years now, I won’t ship expensive equipment, local sale with cash

Delivery company drivers share a kinship with bank tellers......they both develop an indifference to the valuables they handle on a daily basis. Of course, I'm not suggesting that bank tellers are careless with money, just that the money becomes only another thing that has to be dealt with. So it's not surprising to me that delivery drivers seem to be ambivalent about whether the item gets damaged or not. If an item is properly packed, only the most Neanderthal treatment will cause damage to it.

I just packed up and shipped a 12" sunfire sub. those subs are notoriously difficult to ship, and have arrive, undamaged.

I had to custom make the packaging, over time, as I thought about how to go about it.

When I was done, I had a 55lb box that could be stood on, on any side, and more.. and even bounced down a set of stairs. Which is how an item should be packed, if one is going to try and ship it via UPS or FED-EX or USPS.