ETHERNET CABLES

When using ethernet for hooking up streaming devices and dacs, what cat level of  ethernet cable should be used. Is there any sonic improvement by going to a  higher dollar cat 7 or 8 cable?

128x128samgar2

@fredrik222 not at all what I said. It’s totally fine if you don’t hear it there. In other words I don’t fault you or your system. 

@audphile1 @thyname @antigrunge2 

you are hinging your argument on that there is excessive noise in your residence. I am here to tell you no, there isn’t. I can easily prove that, and I have continued to ask, show me the issues that this cable/switch or whatever, is supposed to fix, because it doesn’t exist in residential applications.

I am not saying there is no noise in your house, just that it is not enough to matter, and Ethernet’s features to combat noise are more than enough for residential applications.

@fredrik222 It must be frustrating to wake up each day, assert to total strangers that you are smarter than they are, you then kindly offer your input and they choose to ignore it? That's not the strange part, the strange part is that you continue to repeat this frustrating exercise each day to an audience who couldn't care less about your input.

You continue to assert that they can't possibly hear what they believe they hear. Why do you care so deeply? why is it your mission to remedy this abomination? You shouldn't have to carry that burden.

@fredrik222 I disagree and I already described why in a long post from the other day.
I even told you just now it’s fine that you can’t hear the difference. Hey there are people who can’t taste the difference between a two buck chuck and a good bottle of chateauneuf du pape. And I’m totally fine with this. You need to accept the fact that you may not hear what others hear and stop telling people they’re nuts. 

I have tried “audiophile” Ethernet cables, I have tried UpTone’s Etherregen, and I have not heard any difference.

For a person of such strong convictions, knowing that it couldn't possibly make a difference, what was it that made you try it to see if you could hear a difference? 

Did your faith waver? That would explain the zealotry as you came back into the fold.

All the best,
Nonoise