Does creating a loom in cables in a system make a significant difference?

I use a mix of different cables for interconnect, speaker and digital cables.  I have no complaints. The music sounds great!   I seize upon good values for superior cables from Audiogon and Audiomart US.  I'm setting up a system in another room  and I'm wondering if I should stick with one brand of cable throughout or just keep buying high quality cables regardless of brand.  I'd appreciate your thoughts.

styleman

Does creating a loom in cables in a system make a significant difference?

only if the total cost of the loom exceeds $10,000

and the difference becomes HUGE if the cost >$100,000

otherwise, no... 🤣

@yoyoyaya funny I am yet to see or hear a manufacturer recommendation for looms. I have read reviewers say they are experimenting as I have and have had some success. 

@juanmanuelfangioli. For clarity, I was suggesting that it is convenient for manufacturers if that approach is promoted. I did not say by whom.

See below (after the next para) for two quotes from Hi Fi Plus reviews of Nordost cables. I recall that magazine's reviewers as being the foremost promoters of "loom" theory.

As per my original post, I've used mixes of cables and sets of cables from the same manufacturer and both have been successful.There is a predictability in terms of results in using cables from the same manufacturer but, to paraphrase a previous poster, it is not the only road to Rome - (or Asgard :)).

"I’ve shied away from the term ‘coherent cable loom’ here, but Nordost Valhalla 2 is the very model of coherence. It ties systems together in an holistic manner often sought, but rarely achieved."

"Yet, if there’s one thing that the Valhalla experience teaches you it is that we’ve grievously underestimated the importance of cables, both collectively and relative to each other. So, not only does the cable loom create the foundation on which system performance is built, but it starts not with the signal cables but at your wall sockets."

Maybe the loom theory (next to sales) is to have cables with the same design principles and therefore the same kind of enhancements/or lack of distortions. Mixing cables can introduce distortions with different kind of parameters that can bring down the whole experience. One cable sound airy, but is bass shy, the other one scoops the sound, the other one chokes the high end detail, the other one is more susceptible of noise (witch can be a problem when it is used on the wrong spot/or is a heavy noise transmitter itself. Sometimes changing one cable can have effect on the other cables.I like to experiment and mix cables, connectors and equipment. Always start with the best cables at the source (distributor, power cables, interconnects/digital and at last speaker cables and keep them separated as much as possible (or cross at 90 degrees)