ETHERNET CABLES

When using ethernet for hooking up streaming devices and dacs, what cat level of  ethernet cable should be used. Is there any sonic improvement by going to a  higher dollar cat 7 or 8 cable?

128x128samgar2

@fredrik222 ,

From the time stamp on your reply, you didn't watch the whole video, did you? Then you go about with pound-your-chest pronouncements on how great you are and how uniformed I am and then have the audacity to say more members here don't hear a difference? Pure hubris. 

If you bothered to watch the entire video, the host invented a device that can "hear" the effects of RFI on any cable (even ethernet) or component. And to think you're presently using a wireless set up due to a renovation project, with all the attendant RFI polluting your system's sound. Do you hear the difference? 

Maybe lordmelton was correct in his assessment of you.

But, by all means, keep on attacking me and while you're at it, try some of the other members lest one think you have some personal grudge against me for some other, past posts that didn't deal with audio. That would tell me a lot as well.

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise  ok, so again you show your ignorance on the subject. The author of the video created a device to measure RFI and then output the measurements as audible noises. That is not something that is new at all, and is done daily in the world of science and in daily life. X Ray in the medical field is an excellent example of this. 

You keep making outlandish claims, post a link to something that isn’t even relevant , and when you are called out on it, you flee to the next outlandish claim. 

why are you even on here when you don’t want to learn? 

@fredrik222 ,

The device he came up with is different from the usual noise makers out there which is why he's posted the design of it, online, for free. That video is from 2021. If you're so smart, why don't you look it up, build it, do a sweep of your system, and get back to us?

Nothing outlandish in my claims and you still harp on and on which tells me you do hold a grudge from something from the past since you sidestepped my inference. What was it, exactly?

And again, is that one member correct and you don't hear any difference due to your hearing, even with wireless?

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise everything you post is outlandish and incorrect on this subject. Here is a cheap device available for purchase doing the exact same thing: https://www.winradio.com/home/erd.htm

You are correct, I don’t like you. But I have already stated the reason why, you make outlandish claims, post some irrelevant link that is supposed to support your claim and refute others, but it doesn’t do any of the sort, and when called out, you ignore it and do it again with the next claim, over and over again.

there are many members that doesn’t hear a difference. And even PS Audio is making the claim that it doesn’t make a difference.

I didn’t hear a difference either when I put an AQ Cinnamon Ethernet cable between my router and music server.  But when I put a network switch between my router and music server the sound improved.  That prompted me to try the FMC’s and optical cable between my router and music server.  That was a large improvement in the sound.  No guess work about it. 

So the question is why does it make a difference?