GREAT NEWS! The Coda Technology new #16 amplifier will arrive this week

I was just informed that Coda's brand new model #16, which is based on the latest generation of improvements used in the #8, will be arriving later this week for review for The Stereo Times website.  Since the reviews I have done on the #8 amplifier and the 07x preamplifier, I have received numerous inquires when I'll get this piece in for review.

This beast of an amplifier, over hundred pounds with one of the largest power supplies in a single chassis design on the market, delivers 100 Class A before it crosses over into A/B. The Coda #8, is in my opinion, one of the best SS amps on the market for under ten grand.  I expect, based on the run Coda is on with their new generation of gear, that the #16 will be a beautiful musical performer.  We shall see! I still find it amazing based on build quality/performance that Coda's prices are so damn reasonable.  Yes, the #16 will retail for around 12K, not inexpensive.  However, I guarantee if this amplifier was manufactured by other high-end American or European companies it would be triple the price. If the #16 takes the already superlative performance of the #8 to another level, it will be truly a "killer" of an amplifier. 

teajay

@johngp I'm currently trying out the No 8 and though I only have about 48 hours total on it I have to say it is shockingly good. 

Keep listening and run it 24/7 during your trial. My experience is it only gets better:

Jay,

As a fellow audiophile who currently has a Model 16(as well as a Model 11), skip the hassle and agonizing between the 8 and the 16 and go straight for the model you will eventually end up with and love. The 16 that I have in my system now replaced the Pass XA160.8 Monos, and I could not be more pleased with he results!

My Coda #8 meters mostly moved when I used it as a headphone amp for my RAAL SR1a headphones. When I used the #8 with the Thiel CS3.7 speakers I really had to crank it up to make the meter move.

If I were to get another CODA it would be the #16 without meters. I also think it looks better without the meters.

@jaymark you should save for the #16. The Voyager and the #8 are around the same level while the #16 is a bigger jump up. The #16 is similar to the modded Voyager and the #8 merged together. Very clean on top and really strong powerful amp. I would not say the #8 and the modded Voyager had BOTH of those qualities. They each had 1.

@yyzsantabarbara I am going to go with the 16 and skip the 8.  Will sell the modded Voyager GAN and call it a day.

@jaymark Congrats, that is going to be great amp for you.

Not sure if you are aware but you can easily run 2 preamps into the #16 via RCA and XLR. There is a switch on the front that toggles between the 2 input options on the amp.