Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

Love the way crymeariver plays the false equivalency take by faintly damning Amir and letting loose on A'goners, painting us all with a broad brush. Nice, if your intended audience is woefully obtuse.

All the best,
Nonoise

@crymeanaudioriver 

@amir_asr , I appreciate that you came to this thread and approached it with civility and respect and even an attempt to deliver, at times, an even handed education.

I will caution you, though, I can see the frustration seeping into your posts, and I expect the urge to "lash out" gets stronger every time you return.

If it is any consolation, you are not the first to go through this, or the probably even the 100th, and you will not be the last. I see it at least monthly, maybe more. Stay focused.

This is but a small part of the audio world declining in influence.

The only thing most of the participants in this thread are influencing is the marketing that targets them.

That was quite brilliant.

@amir_asr "Measurements I perform are routinely replicated by manufacturers and other third-parties” - please provide proof to your statement.

Amir, your equipment and tests are “too ancient” and missing novel micro-dynamics, transient, noise and more important performance metrics High volume manufacturing data is missing in your tests as well. 

I would recommend you to put disclaimer on your test results “test results are based on my personal skills and knowledge” to avoid legal issues. 

disclosure: I am experienced analog circuit design engineer, currently working at major US corporation 

@amir_asr "

No Faraday cage. Those are used for EMC testing.  None of you  use your stereo gear inside such a cage so I don't see why I should test them that way.

Cabling for XLR is Mogami Gold. For RCA, I use Amazon Basics. No power conditioning is used or needed. I have tested a ton of these and either do nothing, or impair performance. I do have a LAB AC generator that I use for special testing.  Ditto for DC lab generator."

Thanks Amir for response! I can ignore your test results now! 

@westcoastaudiophile 

@amir_asr "Measurements I perform are routinely replicated by manufacturers and other third-parties” - please provide proof to your statement.

Sure, I don't have them all memorized but here are a few:

Genelec (top manufacturer of studio monitors):

"Company was kind enough to review and approve the measurements you are about to see."

Neumann (another top studio monitor manufacture):

"You expect the company to deliver, and deliver it does! Other than a minor dip around 50 to 60 Hz, frequency response is flat and extends to both ends of audible spectrum. We exchanged measurements and company's on-axis response has a smaller dip to the tune of 0.8 dB. This has been a continuing theme with Neumann speaker bass response. Either they are wrong a bit here, or Klippel NFS is. No way to adjudicate. Doesn't matter anyway as your room will wildly modify that region so what the speaker outputs is pretty secondary other than amount of SPL it produces."

Denon:

"Note: Denon engineering was kind enough to review these measurements and confirm that they match their expectations."

Trinnov (highest end manufacturer of AV processors):

"The measurements you are about to see were reviewed by the company and were agreed upon as being representative. "

Again, there is a lot more than this.  I have reviewed 1,300 products in the last four years. If there were issues with my measurements, there would be riots in streets from manufactures.  You don't see that. Instead you see companies like Schiit throwing out their obsolete audio measurement machine, buying the same unit I have, and a year later produce far more performant products. Indeed, they send me samples to test and now publish their own measurements.