BluSound Node and Node 2

The purpose of this post is to make everyone aware and think twice before buying BluSound Node / Node 2.

Blusound's customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. As far as sound goes it's decent for the price. Are there better-sounding streaming dacs? Absolutely. I'd spend extra 300 / 400 dollars and get something more reliable vs wasting $549. 

Issue::

Six months after buying my 1st node it failed. It would play songs from the middle and only for 30 seconds and then skip to a random song regardless of what service I used. There are numerous blogs that talk about this same exact problem. It happens if you are streaming locally from your NAS or directly from quboz or deezer. You guys can google this issue. 

After several failed attempts with customer service, I sold the device for $75 and bought node 2. I was told by blusound that they have fixed the bugs in node 2 and it sounds way better.

Well there is no difference in sound between node 1 and node 2 and my node 2 failed within 3 months of purchase. After 2 weeks worth of back and forth with blusound tech support and 20 emails from them telling me to reboot / reindex / factory reset my device I was told today that they will take a look at the logs and get back to me. 

Its possible that blusound node owners have owned their devices for years without any problems but it looks like songs skipping and starting from the middle and stopping randomly is a well know issue with the device. 

My suggestion is to look at other brands, spend a little more in order to avoid wasting your $549. 

Im thinking of either getting a used Lumin d2 or the simaudio 280d. 

my system:

Simaudio 340i with builtin dac [2019]

Dynaudio C20

2x REL T9is

danimaz

Have a node 2I

Working flawlessly for me.  Use an external DAC.  Love the App 

I would hazard a guess that Bluesound sells more servers than all the other brands combined, including ifi.

And it is sold at such a low cost that owners do not need to "defend" Bluesound product quality in fear of losing resale.

So IMHO looking at it in this light there appears to be an infititely small amount of complaints about Bluesound build problems and next to or none about its operating system.

@danimaz 

Are you using your Node2 via wifi? I've had my Node2 for a three years now. At first it was glitchy and connecting via the app quite frustrating. I then ran some Cat6 from my mesh extender to the Node2 and it was a completely different beast. Since then it's been rock solid dependable (*knock wood*) and sounded much better. Later on I went to an external DAC (Border Patrol) and I've been delighted ever since. It always responds via the app and I can stream my ripped library, no problem.

I really recommend NOT using wifi with the Node2.

Hope that helps! Happy listening.

What really does it for me with the NODE 130 is the bluos app for my android phone is an abolutely terrific app. Since that's the only way I ever want to use my streamer, with my android phone as a remote (no cumbersome laptop), there is nothing out there at this time that can rival the reliability of the bluos/android phone combo. A look at reviews of the various streaming apps will easily confirm that. So, in my case, investing to improve the NODE sound makes so much more sense than buying a "better" streamer. And invest I have. Just check it out in my system. Great sound improving daily as components break-in. Enjoy the journey.

I've been using 2 Bluesound Node 2i's for a couple of years now.  One in my whole house system with an ethernet connection (BS + OSD MI5 Amp+ Russound x5 Distribution amp) which feeds the multi-room speakers and outdoor music  and the other wireless in my main system with the BS out to a Schitt Gumby. I have since changed-out/upgraded both Nodes with new power supplies from www.pd-cf.com  whic really kicked both systems into another gear.  Solid performers both.  I have a rich soundstage and depth in the main room (Maggie 1.7i's). I've never had to really contact BS but have accessed their trouble-shooting webpage for minor setup instructions. Sorry to hear you have had a rough time. But for me, I will likely keep both BS for awhile before upgrading (Denafrips probably).  Good luck!