Low buzzing through speaks

Hello All,

Need some serious help here. So I just (upgraded?) from a Marantz AV8802A to a McIntosh MX122 preamp. I also just got brand new Revel Performa3 speaks all around (5 channel setup). I disconnect everything from the Marantz and then into the McIntosh, connect the speaks and I have a faint buzzing through all 5 speakers (that was not there previously). I have everything plugged into a Furman Elite 20pfi power conditioner which is plugged into a dedicated 20 amp circuit. My power amp is a Simaudio Titan HT200 5 channel. This is not going through the Furman but directly into the other outlet on the same 20 amp line. I even tried plugging the Sim amp into the Furman to see if that helped-no change faint buzz is still there. I have unplugged just about everything, and the buzz is still there. It is very faint and does not get louder when I turn up the volume. Again it is faint and you have to put your ear up to the speaks to hear but it is definitely there. I have tried so many things and nothing gets rid of it. It is not my cable box (I did have that issue previously with the Marantz but as soon as I unplugged the coax from the box it went away so I just bought a coax loop eliminator connected the cable to that and noise was all gone) as I unplugged that and started there.

Any help would be so sincerely appreciated????

kingbr

Thank you @jackd! I’m going to try that tomorrow AM, and also try unplugging the IC’s from the Titan as @imhififan suggested. I’m really hoping it’s “the nest”😂 which it truly is great call on that one😂!

I have a Shunyata Alpha 20 amp power cable on the Titan and all Transparent Plus XLR IC’s from the Titan to the McIntosh so it’s not like I’ve skimped there…That’s actually the reason I wanted to move the location of the preamp because I could not get at the back where it was before so I moved it to the top of my Entertainment center. But that obviously changed the cabling around. So maybe that is the ticket🤞🏻!

just want to take a minute and really thank all of you who have taken the time to reply👍🏻! You guys are awesome!

@kingbr 

Your thought process of wanting to get the processor to the top is a good one in theory though as it will have to most cables coming in and out it increases the chance for power and signal cables crossing.  Though a royal pain in the ass the only way to likely to get the problem under control will be to remove all of the cables and start over again grouping the two types into two groupings and using something to keep them somewhat bundled so they don't stray.  I just it myself in two racks and it was a process. 

Try disconnecting the Audioengine B1. Take it out of the system completely and see it the buzzing has stopped.

this may be causing a grounding issue.

Not to point out the obvious or anything, but you didn’t have this issue with the Marantz, but do with the Mac, sooooo, it is the mac. Many others have documented this, take a look and Jay’s audio lab on YouTube, or Shane Lee’s Trinnov reviews, both had this issue with some (pre)amps, Shane specifically calls out Mac.