surrender n200 vs n20

good morning. has anyone used or demo’d these 2 unites. i have a a20 and love it, also have a burmester 151mk2, like it even better. also have a aavik s180, nice piece as well.

i recently got a aavik u300 integrated for another system i am putting together, its a very nice piece. i used its dac with the 151mk2 unit, it is very good dac in the u300, not as good as the one in the 151 but its very nice.

therefore, i have decided to go back to aurender for the streamer, i like its app better than the aavik.

thoughts on the n200 vs n20, thanks

ckr1969

@lordmelton

Uunfortunately my DAC does not support dual AES. But the AES produced vinyl equivalent sound in my system.

I had a Berkeley Alpha Reference 3 DAC… I thought it would have dual AES inputs… it did not. I preferred the sound of my Audio Research CD9se DAC to the Berkeley.

So, where does the N10 fit in when compared to the N200 and the N20? A used N10 costs less than a new N200.

@lbkwhitney

The main differences are that the N10 has an internal HDD which can’t be changed without a factory refit. Whereas the N200 has swappable (x2) SSDs and a newer CPU.

The N10 has AES/RCA/BNC/USB outputs while the N200 has only RCA and USB.

The N10 is very capable and it’s a system dependent issue whether it’s better than the N200 or not.