surrender n200 vs n20

good morning. has anyone used or demo’d these 2 unites. i have a a20 and love it, also have a burmester 151mk2, like it even better. also have a aavik s180, nice piece as well.

i recently got a aavik u300 integrated for another system i am putting together, its a very nice piece. i used its dac with the 151mk2 unit, it is very good dac in the u300, not as good as the one in the 151 but its very nice.

therefore, i have decided to go back to aurender for the streamer, i like its app better than the aavik.

thoughts on the n200 vs n20, thanks

ckr1969

I clicked on the support icon at night and when I woke up there was a response.  So far I feel this was one of the most worthwhile upgrades on a long time.  

I keep meaning to install the 4 TB SSD  but I can’t stop listening to it.  

@lordmelton

The best output is also dependent on the DAC you are using. I have used different outputs from my Aurrender W20SE to my Audio Research CD9SE and to a Berkeley Reference Alpha 3. The AES was best in both cases. So, perhaps they should have added, depending on your DAC. 

@ghdprentice Yes, it's very dependent on the DAC, some are optimized for USB.

Have you tried using the dual AES/EBU digital outs on the W20SE? 

@lordmelton

Uunfortunately my DAC does not support dual AES. But the AES produced vinyl equivalent sound in my system.

I had a Berkeley Alpha Reference 3 DAC… I thought it would have dual AES inputs… it did not. I preferred the sound of my Audio Research CD9se DAC to the Berkeley.

So, where does the N10 fit in when compared to the N200 and the N20? A used N10 costs less than a new N200.