Basic switch....should I upgrade?

I'm using a D-Link switch into a EtherRegen (with an AfterDark PSU & Clock) via a Signature Ethernet Cable. Coming out of the EtherRegen I use a basic fiber optic cable into my streamer. (All connects/cables not mentioned are upgraded.)

Simply put, should I upgrade the switch or does the fantastic EtherRegen clean up the switch's audio shortcomings?

Please don't tell me to get a TT!  

128x128wsrrsw

@antigrunge2 .  I'm going through the same.  I think my USB is pretty good, but I'm still seeing some digital noise (apparent mostly in sibilance), so am focusing now on ethernet stage.

I've tried Eno, and cheap fiber bridge, but both too analytical.  

So, I've bought an iFi iPower Elite for my Netgear Orbi Satellite - it's the only viable route open to me.  And have a Sotm dbl-cat7u cable on order.  Their cables, by consensus, seem to offer the best bet of de-digitalising the sound. And once I have a decent cable in place I'm hoping to try either the EtherRegen or a decent fiber setup.

@lollipopguild  -  I have not tried Eno but I have Muon and do not think it is analytical.  I actually have two!  Rich at Network Acoustics could help you with differences. I do not use fiber.  I would have an EtherRegen in front of both, but I only have one!  I have swapped it back and forth and I can hear the difference for the better with the ER in front of the Muon filter.  Plus I need a switch to go to my Apple TV, so the ER does that on the A side as well.

@antigrunge2 ​​​​@wsrrsw ​​​​​@jerrybj - after many emails with Marcin at JCAT, I have ordered an M12 switch with four of their 1m cables.  One to my Modem, one to my Nucleus+, and one to each of my audio room cables (family room and basement),

This will replace my Silent Angel Bonn8 switch.  Oh my I can't wait!  Ken

@fastfreight Welcome to the M12 KoolAid club. I also had a lot of back and forth emails. Marcin’s English is excellent. What did you do for power? You saved a few hundred USD as the Euro is sluggish  

My unit should be here in two-three weeks.

The old D-Link seems like decades ago.

The EtherRegen will get placed into a whole house “B-” system.

@wsrrsw  Exciting yes!  I hope it is worth it.  Yes Marcin's English is so good it made me wonder if I had the right guy!  :)  I have an HDPLEX linear power supply with two outputs (two rails I think)  One powers my Nucleus+ and the other powers my switch.  Marcin first recommended I put the M12 directly in front of my Auralic Streamer.  But when I clarified that I already had a switch where I needed a switch, he recommended putting it there - connecting my modem to my Nucleus and my two audio room runs.  I will need to connect the M12 using their special cables to my longer runs with two of their NET Isolators.  My longer runs to each room are standard Amazon Cat 7 cables.