Parity

I’ve finally achieved parity between my digital and analog sides.
With the acquisition of a new turntable ((Feickert Volare,) I’m at last enjoying both formats equally.

An observation between the two: They are definitely different in character and each has its own sonic signature. Analog is more spacious and for lack of a better word, mellow. Digital is more finely etched. Each has a very well defined sound stage.
Both are a pleasure to listen to now.

128x128rvpiano

Amen.

I got to the same spot too. However can't say I experience such difference between the analog rig and the digital ones. Definitely got the same amount of spaciousness in digital as analog if not more. I would agree that analog does sound a little more laid back but that has a lot to do with the different recording techniques. 

Time to enjoy the music.

Been doing that so much lately, I hardly find the time or desire to talk about it. 

BTW, I did get the Audio Envy P3 power cord and soborthane isolation pads for my Jay's cdt2-mk3 and it has definitely improved clarity and space big time and brought it at least to the level of streaming and vinyl. That's obviously what the Jay's needed.

Wonderful, listening to Infected Mushroom, Converting Vegetarians disc 2 right now. Just WOW!

Congratulations @rvpiano 

Eventhough I have a few thousand CD’s and albums, I bought a streamer about six months ago and have been like a kid in a candy store.  I’m thinking about going totally digital.  

Enjoy!

A related issue is the ratio of the number of LP’s in your music library vs. the number of CD’s/SACD’s, and the relative time you spend listening to each source type.

@rvpiano - I’ve been interested in the Feickert Volare for a while. Either that or a SOTA Saphire will likely end up being table #4. Curious as to what arm you used.  

bdp24,

I have about 2000 records and 4000 CDs. 
Until recently, I’ve been mostly streaming, even with all the software.  
I think my habits are going to change with the new turntable.

More to discover