Install A Dedicated AC Line at home

Hello

I'm in San Francisco East bay north Berkley area, looking for someone who has experience to Install A Dedicated AC Line for my home, any recommendation will be appreciated! 

Best Regards

Zee   

zensview

@steeveb @jea48 >>>The two hot conductors must be fed from opposite legs. One from Line 1 and the other from Line 2.<<<

Even though steeveb failed to mention that in his post (I’m sure he just forgot), it would be a must in the 3-wire hookup that he described. You would never ever want to have two dedicated 15 or 20 amp branch circuits, on the same leg, sharing the same neutral (unless it was over-sized, but don’t even go there).

Here are some great white pages put out by Middle Atlantic. Pay special attention to Middle Atlantic’s page 12 of the booklet (AC-HCF). If you’re looking to wire up a branch circuit for audio, AC-HCF is the wiring I would highly recommend using. Obviously some, due to existing building construction, won't be able to utilize this particular cable, but if and when possible, use AC-HCF (with isolated ground outlets) for your audio branch circuits, as it just doesn't currently get any better. Taking that even a step further, it would probably make sense to have a separate dedicated branch circuit just for your power amps, and one for your front end gear.

Optimized Power Distribution and Grounding for Audio, Video and Electronic Systems

@jea48 

An absolute perfect audio approach I wholly agree. That is of course the house being a new build under construction. Could be an incredibly costly endeavour depending on present electrical service. One might have to deal with noise etc. after the fact, panel reconfiguring and many a PS audio industry out there ready to help.In many cases those are the only options. I’m very fortunate in that I have a small quiet panel 10 feet from my equipment, my installation was DIY overseen by an electrical engineer and a seasoned Audio Technician, there is no Measurable audible noise ! Perhaps I was a little cut and dried with my recommendations, requesting a whole lot of detail would’ve been a better way to go.

Cheers

Another tip for you; when establishing these new circuits for audio, be sure to protect them with the latest dual-function GFCI/AFCI circuit breakers.

Combination Arc-Fault Circuit-Breaker VS. Dual Function: Arc-Fault/GFCI Circuit-Breaker 

Everyone, please listen to @urbie .  He has all the answers.  I just have a physics degree from a little technical school in the midwest (University of Chicago). 

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments — I’ll study them carefully before proceeding. 

In reading over the comments, it became apparent to me that I had a typo in my original post. My intent was for the electrician to install a total of 4 dedicated 20 AMP circuits with 10 gauge wiring — one for each of the JC1 amps (2 total), 1 for the AV equipment at the front of the room, and 1 for the HiFi source equipment at the back of the room. I think that addresses the very valid concerns from the first response post. 

Thanks again for everyone’s suggestions.