Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

How many people on this forum who drank the "Science" Kool Aid and were disappointed will it take for you to understand? 10,100? Most of the discussion on these forums here are subjective. What’s wrong with that? If I buy a new power cord, DAC, speaker or amp, I’m willing to share what I like and dislike about that component. I don’t want to get into a metallurgical or some other such discussion to defend my purchase. Now if someone were to tell me that the connectors tend to fall off of that brand of cable, I might find that useful information- provided they have evidence.

If you go to a movie, you might tell your friends that was a good movie or a bad movie. Do you get into objective, defensible suppositions about the cinema photography, or length of scenes, etc? Or if you say that movie was fast paced and had  lots of action, do your friends expect you to quantify that and benchmark it against another movie? Probably not unless you are in film making school.

Why is it that I can watch Danny’s videos? He does measurements too. But since he has been in the business and designs and builds products, he knows something about of which he speaks. He can explain why and how he makes measurements and then does teardowns to help explain why a product should sound good or just average.

I research before I buy. Having been burned decades ago by the low cost, "giant killers" I stay with the more established reputable brands. Does that mean I always get the best component for my money? Perhaps not but Caveat Emptor applies today just as it did a couple of thousand years ago.

What is the relevance of those Pink Panther figurine's on the ASR site? 

Most of the discussion on these forums here are subjective. What’s wrong with that?

Nothing, but the thread is a long complaint about ASR bans of people who insist their forum conform to subjective opinions.

you go to a movie, you might tell your friends that was a good movie or a bad movie.

And everyone has an opinion of the movie, that’s what this forum is for, ASR isn’t interested in movie reviews but whether the video and audio equipment was engineered competently to reproduce the movie as intended.

Why does every forum need to be about subjective reviews?