"Dented tweeters — Does not affect sound "

Can we all agree to stop posting this crap in speaker ads?

Your toddlers poking at your speakers with a crayon, lego, toy hammer, etc. most certainly affects the sound and you should expect to take a financial hit because of it. If a dealer fed you that line of BS, you'd set about gathering angry hordes of audiophiles with torches and pitchforks.

Rant over. I feel better.
yakbob
I had a brand new pair of paradigm studio 10's at home for a total of 15 minutes before I pressed in a tweeters dome with my palm while perfectly positioning them. I started to drink immediately. Or wait a minute, was I already drinking? Anyhow, it pissed me right off.
Yes, if God meant for tweeter domes to be dented, he would have made them that way.
"If tweeters sounded the same with dented diaphragms wouldn't the speakers manufacturers dent them in advance?"

????
Sorry V but I think your logic's a little fuzzy. Should auto or furniture manufacturers, just to name two, whose products would function perfectly if dented adhere to this line of thought?
Thanks Markpao, I'm going to offer that fellow double his asking price. ;-)

I've always held A'goners (as individuals) in a higher regard than on other listing sites, and I hate the thought of this turning into a flea-bay alternative where dented tweeters don't affect sound. Or "8/10 rating" amps that power up, but don't send a signal to the speakers (but don't worry, because its a cheap and easy fix).

And don't get me started on "rare" items. :-)
Post removed