"Dented tweeters — Does not affect sound "

Can we all agree to stop posting this crap in speaker ads?

Your toddlers poking at your speakers with a crayon, lego, toy hammer, etc. most certainly affects the sound and you should expect to take a financial hit because of it. If a dealer fed you that line of BS, you'd set about gathering angry hordes of audiophiles with torches and pitchforks.

Rant over. I feel better.
yakbob
A dent in the tweeter's dust cap will not affect the sound as it is merely cosmetic. Most speaker manufactures will confirm this premise.

Should the price be adjusted for a dented dust cap? For new, Yes. Used, it all depends on the speaker’s desirability and what’s available.
Dents or dimples in a tweeter do affect the sound, otherwise why is endless research spent on generating just the right shape of a dome. Most times a dimple in a fabric dome tweeter can be can be fixed if caught i time, if it has been sitting too long then the dimple becomes "permanent' or at least will leave a crease if reshaped to original shape. On a metal dome tweeter your SOL.

On a woofer, which I'm sure is what Brf is referring to, the sonic effect of a pushed in or dimpled dust cap is probably minimal if at all detectable. But IMO the price needs adjusting because of the cosmetic impact.

As Always Good listening, Dimpled or not :-)

Peter
I know a lot of driver manufacterers use dust caps for dispersion. If the dust cap is missing, dented, crinkled or wrinkled, it will affect the sound.
Post removed