Install A Dedicated AC Line at home

Hello

I'm in San Francisco East bay north Berkley area, looking for someone who has experience to Install A Dedicated AC Line for my home, any recommendation will be appreciated! 

Best Regards

Zee   

zensview

I installed my own dedicated line and I defy you to tell me which line I did and which was the original wiring. It’s really just a mechanical process as long as you turn off the main breaker. One suggestion is to pull your own wire if you can and then have the electrician wire it into the panel. Pulling wire is pure grunt work. Use existing holes in your floor joists if you can and if that’s how your home is constructed. 

Berkeley local here, 

Give Din at Electrical Installations a call. He’s a electrical contractor  in Oakland, licensed, and bonded. Worked with him a bunch, he knows his stuff. Just tell him you want a dedicated circuit, he’ll do the rest. 

Find someone who can do it for cash on the side. You live in CA. If you go by the book you will need to pull permit, have three inspections, and an environment impact study done before any work. You will be in at 5K before they touch any wire. Might want to have the file for permit claiming it is a plug in station for your electric car then the state and city will pay for it snd also give you a tax break. I don’t and never ever will buy an electric car but put in charger as it was free and a 6K tax credit! Nothing better than beating libs at their own game!

I have had two installed in my house (20 years apart). You just want to find a licensed electrician… not that you can’t do it yourself. Expect them to look at you like you are crazy. Just tell them to do it. You will be very happy. You want two, one for your main components and a separate for your amp. Go for 10 gauge Romex unless you want to get really fancy with special wire. Use hospital grade duplex receptacle unless you buy audiophile ones.

But running 2 10 Gauge Romex direct lines will significantly improve the performance of your system. Well worth it.

@sgreg1 >>>You live in CA. If you go by the book you will need to pull permit, have three inspections, and an environment impact study done before any work. You will be in at 5K before they touch any wire.<<<

An excellent point indeed. I've heard all about it on Real Time with Bill Maher (how he tried to install solar power, and all of the hoops he had to jump through).

We haven't heard from Zee (zensview) in a while, so we really don't know how capable he (assuming here) is of doing this work himself.