Field coil dava cartridge

I have been hearing great things about the dava field coil cartridge with the tube power supply. I am only able to read a few reviews on them. The reviews seem all positive and the designer Darius seems to be a very approachable person . I would like to hear opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of the cartridge. Especially comparison with the Lyra atlas sl which is my current cartridge.

thanks in advance.

newtoncr

Dear @mikelavigne : " disruption impulse factor here is dominant. "

I respect your opinion and understand you or other gentleman that like you is not accustommed to be questioned on your statements but in any forum one of the main targets af not the main target is to learn and how any one of us including you can learn when no " disruption " but in this forum normally some of us not only say: " you are wrong or disagree with you " but always we try to give as wider explanation according with each one of us knoledge and skill level.

With out that " disruption " the Dava specs will stays closed when now and thank’s to our pressure about we all know it including you and even that you disagree with @mijostyn  and with me in the other thread when you posted that with out listening we can’t know what happens down there about the Dava but the time gives @mijostyn  and me the reason that some of us just do not needs to listen to know. You can read the posts , including yours, in the other thread.

In the other side your reference are your ears and this time like it or not your " ears " failed " and continue failing with the FCL.

Of course that the wbf never " disturb " you and that’s why that forum attitude developed that true/no sense stampede for the Dava, yes with out any sense because no one of you even ask a simple and almost " kinder-garden " question: which are the specs? when specs are really critical with cartridges if we can " read it ".

@lewm posted: "" I wouldn’t take wbf too seriously..." and I agree with him and I think I know why he posted that in this thread.

With all my respect to you that forum already " damages " you when passing to be " the leader " to a just a " follower " like almost all gentlemans down there and @solypsa here.

SUTs, tubes, Dava, FCL unipivot, etc, etc... is part of all those. I know that you were " married " for some years with unipivot tonearm design and now that you return to it think that the field coil design can stop totally the wobble at microscopic stage that’s where works the stylus tip and you know what: NO it can’t due to those tremendous and huge forces developed at cartridge stylus. Yes , no wobble at macroscopic stage ( exactly as the today Graham ) but the grooves tracking plays/role at microscopic stage and that microscoping wobble develops yes you know: additional distortions. That we like it those distortions is not the issue but what is better to stay nearer to the recording. I pointed out here all those looking for you take it in good shape and could help you in any way even that you could think that do not need any help from Agon members.

Do you know why SAT tonearm designer disclosed ( years latter to start in the market ) the " special " alignment parameters in his tonearm?. Was exactly like this time the Dava one: by high pressures made it here in Agon and that " disruption " you are against it is what permits any human been to learn and grow-up. Don’t you think?

R.

I

" 45db for digital that you mentioned this digital peak was " rounded ". Well those 95db peak ..."

must be read not db but watts.  Sorry.

R.

@rauliruegas we don't know each other. I respect you have an opinion and experience. You may wish to stop assuming what you know about me, or even what my opinion of the DaVa is ( as I did not elaborate and will not likely do so ).

Dear @solypsa  : " I heard some great music on "

Maybe you are rigth because your statement could have at least two meanings: that you like the kind of MUSIC listened or that you like the DaVA AND YOUR POST MAKES ME THINK THE dAVA DUE THAT YOU MENTIONED THE RIG WITH BUT IF YOU REALLY DO NOT LIKE THE dAVA THEN WHY NOT POST IT INSTEAD TO LOOK A LITTLE  " condescending ".

Btw, you can elaborate, no problem it's a free forum.

R.

I did hear good music. You simply proceeded to make too many assumptions. I wont bite.