NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier: Best Amp Ever Bench Tested?!?

kuribo

Tubes aren't more "linear" than a JFET but they will keep you warmer in the winter and survive a nuclear attack. 

I had the NAD M33, sold it because I changed to a much more sensitive 8 (from 4) ohm speakers and didn’t need the Dirac room correction.  Got a used NAD 368 with the Blu OS module.  Both are very neutral, don’t have a house sound, you’re getting music they way the recording engineer wants it to sound.  Both extremely low distortion.  But that doesn’t mean either are for you, just that it works for me.  I fail to find any fault with the logic that first looking at measurements will eliminate some products that just won’t meet your needs and wants.  If there was a place I could go and listen to most the integrateds in my price range, regardless of measurements I’d go in a heartbeat, but such a place does not exist.  So I too rely on measurements and reviews (though with a jaded eye) to filter out those items that likely won’t work for me.  Time is precious, especially once you hit the sixties you tend to look over your shoulder and appreciate it more than when young.

Love this forum, learn a lot and enjoyed the good spirited (!) bantering.

Mr Jones that is your opinion and it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

I tried the M22 a few years ago... gave it about 2 weeks burn in, and still could not stay in the room with it.  Worst sounding amp I've heard in a long time!  (and I grew up on NAD)   I wonder if the new M23 is much different?   

@mirolab 

The M23 used the latest Purifi amp modules vs the older Hypex ncore modules in the M22.