Ether Regen and AfterDark Master Clock

Hello,  I am asking for feedback form individuals who have bought and tried the Ether REGEN and / or one the AfterDark Master Clocks.  Would only appreciate hearing comments from those who have actually put one in THEIR system and evaluated before and after,  I appreciate all the 'bits are bits' campers,  but don't need to hear that, especially if you have not tried one or both of these tweeks in your system. 

I have Roon Nucleus +, in a remote room, on a normal ethernet switch.

I run cat 7 wire to my Roon Endpoint, a Mola Mola Tambaqui with internal streamer. This connects with all Kubala - Sosnal Elation cabling to my Audionet Pre amp and Audionet Max amps, then to my YG Hailey speakers.  So it would be fair to say that I have a fairly resolving system.

I have inserted the Ether REGEN between my  network cable and my Tambaqui DAC.  To me it has improved the sound.  I am considering adding one of the AfterDark (or other?) reclocker.

I challenge the group to not degrade to comments of science and oils, unless you have actually tried these products.

And, FYI, I certainly believe that my K-S cables have improved the sound substantially of already fine equipment.  That is my opinion, from my listening evaluations.

Thanks!  Ken

fastfreight

I found this thread from last year. I now have an Etherregen and would like to hear more user experiences with putting in a standalone better clock into the Etherregen clock input.  The Etherregen is supposed to have a very good clock in it already, yes?

I guess it is yet one more box and power supply to plug in. Do most people trying this hear a real difference? Also, for the AfterDark clocks, they sell basic and more expensive ones, like queen king and so on. Is there a a real difference there too?

@troidelover1499 

may I suggest you start by feeding the Etherregen from a good PSU? In my case that is the first big step. On a resolving system upgrading the clock has major benefits but is obviously significantly more expensive. I reclock both the Etherregen and the DAC’s DA +USB conversion. (Antelope Zodiac Platinum Dac)

interesting

i believe alex crespi states on his site that he feels the e-r does not improve its performance with an lps... but who knows, we all know that smps's do pollute the power line they are plugged into with nasty high frequency noise, so even if the smps' dc output is filtered, damage may be being done to other components nearby...

might be worth a try @troidelover1499