Personality Type?

I was musing lately after my last perusal of the forum postings....Got me wondering about personality types on here and if there is a common thread. I, myself, am an INTP and I seem to see some parallels with the members of this forum. I am an Engineer and a musician that plays drums. As an Engineer I was quite aware that although collaboration could be fruitful, I was aware that pursuing an idea alone was fruitful as well. I also think that because of my personality, I am fine with being more in the background playing the drums. So then, I am just a bit curious if the members of this forum are more alike than different than the general population?

steveindy

I've had many situations where drummers, keyboard players, or others didn't have the listening skills required to respond to the producer. Drummers hitting the accelerator (or anybody upping the intensity) by pounding on a ride cymbal during solos instead of locking into a supporting groove...very common among the less professional. The best, like Hal Blaine, Steve Gadd et al, know how to make things work in by simply having the talent to do so.

Hmmm... I thought it would be an interesting subject... guess not. Lesson learned about sharing any information not relative to a piece of audio hardware.
Not interested in analysis of myself or anyone else. I prefer self-awareness. I gave a few examples of myself to point out how one can tend to follow a path while oblivious to any personality rating, but once aware of such, can extrapolate those tendencies to a "type". Ouch! To add some context,I have yet to see a band set up on stage with the drummer on the front center of the stage with spotlights on him/her constantly. When watching videos of bands playing live, one is lucky to see the drummer for 45 seconds during a 4 -5 minute number. Not everyone wants to be a front man or a lead player. Are there extroverted drummers? Sure! Are there introverted front men? Sure! It would be like Charlie Watts, he just played and added more than he is generally given credit for. Took care of business and loved playing Jazz. Or maybe Eric Clapton who had to be pushed to taking more of a front position. But the original question without flying off on tangents was if the audiophiles that frequent here share some personality traits in a greater tendency than population as a whole. 
Happy Listening!

@wolf_garcia: Amen, brother! Another cat I love is Roger Hawkins (of Muscle Shoals’ The Swampers fame). And Al Jackson (Booker T & The MG’s), Jim Gordon (Derek & The Dominos, All Things Must Pass), Keltner, of course. Kenny Buttrey (Nashville studios, Neil Young’s Harvest) and Harry Stinson (Nashville, Marty Stuart’s great band The Fabulous Superlatives). Jeff Porcaro was insanely great (I met him in L.A., and he was as nice as could be), as is Gadd, who may be the best all-around drummer working today..

And then there is the master, Earl Palmer (the inventor of Rock ’n’ Roll drumming. Bonham copped Palmer’s intro to Little Richard’s "Keep A Knockin’" for his identical intro to Zeppelin’s "Rock And Roll"). In his later years Palmer’s 3-pc Jazz combo played at Chadney’s Steak House in Burbank (now shuttered), directly across the street from the NBC studios. Drummers came from all over the world to sit at the feet of the master. I had only to walk the two blocks from my house to watch him work. A free master’s class!

I don't try to analyze any of you; do me the return favor if you could.

Two behaviorists meet at a street corner and one says to the other:
"You're fine, how am I?"