Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores

@sdl4 sounds about right as they both are  Japanese cartoon's, comics, children's games.  Must be sad. 

Kuriboh render 4 [Monster Strike]

Goryu (G1) - Transformers Wiki

This guy is just messing you guys. He appears to hold a grudge. A cursory look at his posts (which is all I can bear to do) shows he is talking in circles and sometimes contradicts himself. He's gotten better at covering his mistakes but in the end, he's just messing with you guys, trying to show how bright he is, which I think, is his main objective.

All the best,
Nonoise

Perhaps you’re right, but judging other people motivations is usually fraught with some danger.
And if we assume that he is genuine, then his request for metrics seems appropriate in the context of the amp.

You are aware no-one is going to beat Bruno's numbers any time soon. For that reason alone I really don't see what you are so concerned about what measurements we get. If that is the only concern just buy a Purifi and be done with it. The problem I see with that I already outlined.

I am sort of surprised to read ^this^…

I find the noise floor more distressing than the harmonic distortion. So the graphs could possibly add some insight. 

@jerryg123 

Call it Class A-G if it makes you happy but at it's core, the Benchmark was based on a switching power supply which is why it weighs 12.5 lbs. 

From S'Phile's coverage of RMAF 2013;

The Benchmark AHB2 amplifier, named in honor of the company's founder, Allen H. Burdick, who passed away just before the show, has a dynamic range claimed to approach 130dB, and outputs 100Wpc into 8 ohms, 170Wpc into 4 ohms and can be bridge to produce 340W into 8 ohms. THD+noise is said to be <–108dB relative to full output at 1kHz. John Siau explained that the THX modules are operated in a mode that gave the lowest noise and distortion rather than the maximum efficiency I wrote about in 2012. A key to the low THD is the use of 0.01%-tolerance resistors at critical points in the circuit. A switching power supply is used, Siau feeling that this was optimal because all the power-supply spuriae will be out-of-band and therefore more readily filtered. 

Ralph-would you be willing to discuss your Class D amp in terms of being true balanced (or not)? Please explain the circuit topology in terms of inputting and amplifying the input signal fully true balanced throughout. And assuming it does not, isn't this a compromise?

@nonoise

This guy is just messing you guys. He appears to hold a grudge. A cursory look at his posts (which is all I can bear to do) shows he is talking in circles and sometimes contradicts himself. He's gotten better at covering his mistakes but in the end, he's just messing with you guys, trying to show how bright he is, which I think, is his main objective.

Assuming that once again you are belittling me with unfounded, unproven, baseless accusations, I can't help but wonder exactly what sort of grudge it is I hold and against who and what proof of any of this nonsense you care to share?

You know, in darkness, it doesn't take much of a light to appear bright...