Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores

@atmasphere

Pretty well defeats the purpose of showing all those measurements, even for someone like yourself!

I disagree- there is much more to be learned from a full suite of measurements than simply how something "might" sound.

While there are minor variations from individual to individual, these rules are shared by all people with hearing and they are far more alike than different

We still have no way to accurately predict what an outcome will be for a randomly chosen individual listening to reproduced music- will he prefer a tube amp or class d? Again, the fact that there are successful class d amps and tube amps is proof that there is no consensus subjective choice.

If you believe measurements can indicate subjective sound qualities, publish your measurements and show us how. Show how the GaN fet is an advantage with numbers.

@jerryg123

Many complain it is to sterile sounding.

And many love it. What's your point?

@holmz

The ear is not a simple passive transducer. The brain actually sends signals. Back to the ear.

Not back to the ear, to the auditory cortex.

Well D.B. the point is it is still subjective no matter what your precious measurements say. 

Pull the ripcord D.B. 

Post removed