GoldenEar Triton Reference for a large room...

Hi All:

i'm moving into an apartment with a large living room and am considering the GoldenEar Triton Reference speakers.

the issue with the large room (34 ft x 24 ft) is that there is a connected dining room nearby, and it is essentially open to each other, no doors, merely separated by one fireplace, so the bass will "leak" over to the dining room.  furthermore, the dining room has a wide hallway that leads to the kitchen, and there is also no doorway separating the dining room and the kitchen.

with all these connected spaces, my concern is that the bass would be lost or somehow discounted to a degree.  with that in mind, i am thinking of getting the References rather than the GoldenEar 1.R model, as the References have more robust bass drivers.

may i please ask the good folks here for thoughts, ideas, comments?

thank you in advance.

dualmonitors

@audiotroy 

"we used to sell the tritons legacys were far better the signatures are hand made in Illinoisand dont use chinese sourced drivers"

You do realize that your opinion is virtually worthless.

Because it has nothing all to do with helping the OP and everything to do with adding to your bank account, the OP might as well ask his cat.

@mofojo :   you should get a notification for private messages IF in your user preferences for THIS SITE (upper right, click on your own profile).  you may select various types of notifications for private messages.

to get to private messages, it's a bit circuitous: 

please click on my username, then on MY profile page, click the button below my username "Marketplace feedback".  when the NEW PAGE opens up, you'll see that on the upper right corner, under YOUR OWN username, is an icon that looks like a thought bubble.  it is in between the bell icon and the shopping cart icon.

please click that thought bubble icon, and ALL your private messages open up.

hopefully, you'll be successful in finding my message there.  thank you.

i'm grateful for the helpful comments y'all have posted.  what a great group of experienced folks!  thank you!

the References are easy to drive, efficient, has adjustable deep bass, built-in amps which makes the midrange/tweeter easy to drive, thus an Anthem or Arcam might work well with these.

my remaining concerns are:

-  5-year old technology, design.  No improvements or "Model Reference 1.1" made yet.  Is this a real risk?  These continue to be considered Class A at both The Absolute Sound and Stereophile - literally can't get better accolades than these two publications.  Still, worth thinking about whether a 5-year old, untouched design, might be dated?

-  GoldenEar is now sold to Audioquest.  Is this a real risk?  Would customer service suffer?  Or might an injection of funding, the backing of a strong infrastructure actually benefit GoldenEar?  They have been very quick to ship out replacement amps to those with failed amp sections - will this continue?  Or will they become more stingy due to the corporate structure?

-  Quality control:  is being made overseas really an issue?  Many products are made overseas and may be either top tiered products or lower tiered products.  It all depends on what the customer paid for and asked for, right?  Is this not a real risk or is it a risk to some degree?  Clearly, this isn't a "Yugo" or a Ford "Pinto"!  So why would THIS high end product made overseas be a concern, and iPhones and Nikon cameras be not a concern?  Legitimate question.  Personally, i'm merely slightly concerned about quality control, but that's a concern about any high value purchase in general!

Thank you all in advance!  Look forward to hearing!