Does a turntable make a DRAMATIC difference?

I purchased some analog gear in the hopes of making my analog side (a Sutherland 20 20 phono preamplifier and a Hana ML cartridge) at least the equal of my digital side. Although it has markedly improved the sound of my records it has not equaled the SQ of my digital sources. I know my turntable ( a heavily modified Rega RP3 with two power supplies and many other internal tweaks) is the weakest link. My question is, will a new improved turntable make a MAJOR difference, or just incrementally improve the sound. Or do I have to spend major bucks to achieve what I want.

128x128rvpiano

I’m not super educated on newer equipment, I’m older and therefore prefer vintage equipment, over the years I have been fortunate enough to keeping trading up and up and up to where I am now. I’m running 1963 “The Fisher” 800 C AMP, Turntable: DENON DP 62L with a Audio-Technica VM760SLC cart , speakers are Cerwin Vega  D-3 . As stated I’ve traded up from low end pioneer receivers, all kinda of turntables, and speakers and I can say I have heard a incredible difference, with my current set up I’ve heard things I’ve never heard before, so I think the answer is yes you can get a dramatic difference listening experience in upgraded equipment.  

Definitely upgrading the turntable can make a substantial difference but right now, I would be more concerned with all the mods done to the Rega.  All these after market mods may be simply mucking up the works and not an improvement.

Unless you put huge amount of money into your tt set up it'll never sound cd quality. 

Unless you put a huge amount of money into your digital setup it'll never come close to good analog playback. ☺